Grand Palace and Bangkok National Museum in Thailand


The second day in Bangkok, Thailand with Jake.

16. July. 2011





방콕 국립 박물관

The wonderful and glorious constructions in Bangkok, Thailand.




I found the record, which shows where I stayed in Khaosan.
It was Merry V Guest house.
During our travel, we stayed in Guest house by THB 500 to THB 700.


In that morning, I remember it was too noisy, so I woke up early.

We checked out the guest house to sightsee.





At first, we visited Buddha view agency to keep our backpacks.
They were willing to keep them.
We had booked one night two days tracking in Chiang Mai 
and night bus tickets to go there 
through this agency the day before that day.





카오산로드

Across from the agency,
there were lots of road restaurants in a row.
We got seats in one of them
and ordered one fruits pancake, one banana chocolate one
and two cups of coffee.




카오산로드

Other fruits were sweet enough,
but watermelon was not that better than I had eaten.

The coffee was good.







광장


After having late breakfast, 
we went toward the Grand Palace.
Although it was a little bit far to walk from Khaosan,
we decided to go there on foot to look around there.

From Khaosan to the palace,
the road was clean and the scene was beautiful.




왕궁, 광장, 제단


In Bangkok, 
we often witnessed people praying
and there were a lot of beautiful structures.



Bangkok


Over there is the Grand Palace.
We asked ourselves if there were a king and his royal family.

Even the grass looked peaceful.
We didn't realize the heavy cloud in the sky then.

Bangkok


The palace is really glorious and elaborate.



Bangkok


What words could I say in front of this view?

I could say just "it's amazing, wow, great".






국립 박물관


Near the palace, there is the Bangkok National Museum.

Luckily, it was holiday, even we didn't know it,
so we could enter the museum for free.




국립 박물관


The museum is really really big.
They allow us to take a picture
but don't allow to use flash light.



방콕 국립 박물관


In the museum,
there are a temple and a lot of constructions
that we don't know what they are.




방콕 국립 박물관


While we looked around,
I felt sick, nauseous and tired fast.
I started to doubt the pill that I had taken for a few days
to prevent malaria.





When I prepared the travel,
Jake and I were prescribed the pill not to catch malaria.
The doctor told us to take a pill once a day
at least a week ago before travel
until a week later after travel.
And he added that it has a side-effect
like nausea, dizziness and so on.

I decided not to take a pill after that day.
Even though the risk to catch malaria would increase,
if I had kept taking the pill, I could have spoiled the travel,
because the symptom got worse and worse day by day.




방콕 국립 박물관



I'm sure that each carving has a story,
but I don't know it.

That's why it's better to study about the country,
the religion and history before travel.

I have a book about traveling Thailand though,
I just scanned it to make a plan. ;)


방콕 국립 박물관


I don't know what it is.
It looked like the palace for the squirrel king
or  Thumbelina.







The museum also looked clean, quiet and so peaceful
even it looked reverential.


방콕 국립 박물관

There are a lot of pieces that I guessed were excavated from tumulus
or an ancient palace.


똠양꿍, 푸팟퐁커리


We had a late lunch.

We visited a restaurant, which is located in a local market.
We ordered one Tom Yum Goong and Pu phat pong curry - I don't know how to spell it.
The curry is a crab curry.
Tom Yum Goong was so salty to me
but the curry was really tasty.


After we ate lunch, we visited Wat Arun.

I'll post later about visiting Wat Arun.

댓글 쓰기

다음 이전