Mt. Seorak 설악산 추석 여행


Hiking on Mt. Seorak, Gangwon-do, Korea

on a rainy day in Fall

케이블 카
On the top of Gwongeumseong, Mt. Seorak


Last year,
My parents-in-law, my family and I went to Sokcho city in Gangwon-do, Korea
to hike on Mt. Seorak.

The day before,
we stayed at Hyundai Soo resort,
cooked and ate breakfast there
and headed for Mt. Seorak.


After parking my car in the parking lot,
we had to walk up a few more minutes to the entrance of the mountain.
(parking fee was ₩5,000 a car.
It was a peak season charge)

On that day, it was a little bit rainy
but we didn't have any rain coats.

That's why we dropped by Kensington hotel on the way to  the mountain.

we could buy a disposable rain coat at the hotel reception.
We paid ₩2,000 per rain coat.








 강원도


In front of the hotel,
there was an English-style double-decker.
It was only for showing.


we bought 5 pieces of rain coats
and walked to the mountain.





케이블카



We arrived in front of the entrance.
I forgot how much the entrance fee was.


If you want more information about Korean national park,
click the link below.


And if you want to know more about the cable car in Mt. Seorak,
click the link below.











케이블카



We took the picture in front of the bear statue.
I'm not sure if a bear lives in Mt. Seorak,
but Mt. Jiri is famous for a bear,
especially an asiatic black bear
which has a white pattern similar with a half moon on its chest.

 신흥사


We visited Sinheungsa, the temple located in the mountain.
I'm not a Buddhist though,
I like visiting a temple.
I like the calming and natural atmosphere.



케이블카


I bought the tickets for the cable car.
I had to hurry up to buy them
because there were a lot of people.

On the ticket, luckily,
the time that we were supposed to aboard on the cable car
was printed.
So, we didn't have to line up for a long time
to get on the cable car.








During the waiting time,
we had lunch at one of the restaurants in the mountain.

There are cafes, fast-food restaurants like Lotteria and so on.



오징어 순대

This food in the picture above is called Ojingo-Sundae
meaning a squid-sausage.

It is made by filling seasoned ground pork and various vegetables
in a squid.

It was delicious.
Sundae is famous food of Gangwon-do.



돌솥비빔밥


This is Dolsot-bibimbap.
It is a kind of bibimbap put in a stone bowl.
The bowl is really really really hot.

I looooooooove this food.


We ate lunch, grabbed a coffee
and went to the boarding platform.




권금성 케이블카


After getting off the cable car,
I had to walk up 30 more minutes to the top.







Ten years ago,
I climbed up this mountain
with my friends when I was a backpacker.
Then, I climbed up Daecheung-bong,
another peak of this mountain.

And this time,
I was on Gwongeum-seong,
which is another peak of the mountain.
I heard it was used to the fortress hundreds years ago.



권금성 케이블카


There were lots of people.
We took the picture of ourselves for the memory.



권금성 케이블카


At first,
I was a little bit worried about my parents-in-law.
They were old and weak.

But they were really happy to go up there.




권금성 케이블카


Somebody piled up the small stones wishing something.
We tried piling one more.



권금성 케이블카


At the platform to go down,
Goeun ate a waffle.

She was also pleased to hike the mountain.
She said she hadn't been even tired.
At that time, she was 5 years old.








About this day and this experience of the mountain,
we all have a great memory.


Maybe next time,
when my baby Roeun can go up by herself,
we will visit there again.












댓글 쓰기

다음 이전