Ocean railbike and Hwanseon Cave.


04. October. 2017 Hwanseon Cave in Samcheok, Korea

feat. Ocean rail bike




대한민국



It was time to go back home.

On my plan,
we were supposed to do an activity in Samcheok, Gangwon-do
on the way back home.

The activity was to try Ocean Rail bike.

After having breakfast at Mayhills Resort in Jungseon,
we headed for Samcheok.






When we arrived the activity spot,
it was around 11:30 in the morning.
We tried to get  railbike tickets though,
we couldn't do it.

Because there were already a lot of people,
it would be 3:00 in the afternoon 
when we were able to ride the bike. (They have time tables)

Even my baby daughter couldn't do it because she was too young to ride.
At that time, she was 10 months old.

Although the spot looked like a theme park
and riding bikes over the sea seemed to be exciting,
we just turned out and went  to Hwanseon Cave.





대한민국



After parking my car,
we had to walk up to the entrance.




대한민국



I had heard the cave is so big,
I thought we could come out of the cave on time for dinner.

During Chuseok, Korean thanksgiving day,
it was sometimes rainy and always cloudy.




대한민국


At the entrance,
we bought tickets and walked up for a few more minutes. 
I remembered it took about 20 minutes to get the monorail.
To go into the cave, you can choose either to walk up on the steep mountain pass
or get on the monorail.

You can go in front of the real entrance to the cave by monorail.





대한민국


On the way to monorail,
there is a hut by a stream.




대한민국


And there are some restaurants looking like a big hut.
I guess people here would have some Jeon, Korean pancake, 
and Makguli, Korean traditional rice alcohol.




대한민국


The cave is located in the front mountain.




대한민국


I forgot how much the monorail fee was.
Anyway, I had to wait in the long line to get on the rail.




대한민국



Finally!







강원도 삼척


After taking this picture above, I realized it was banned.
So there is no more picture.


The cave was very beautiful and grand.
They say it takes 1 hour to look around
but it took 2 more hours for me.

After coming out of the cave,
some restaurants were already full of customers
and other restaurants ran out of ingredients or
closed already,
so we had to wander long distances to find a restaurant.






We were very tired and
my daughters were so hungry,
I didn't take a picture of the restaurant or the food.


Like this,
this travel was done.


During this travel,
I had really hard time.

I had to take care of my baby daughter.
Every meal time I had to warm up her baby meal
which I had cooked and frozen at home in advance.

Now, she is almost 2 years old (23months old),
so next time we travel,
I guess (and hope) it will be easier than last year.


Anyway,
travel is always fun.



댓글 쓰기

다음 이전